LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of this certification, you should be able to:
The Telehealth Industry and Drivers of Telehealth Growth
– List the underlying reasons for the explosive growth of the telehealth industry.
– Summarize how these factors are influencing the growth of the telehealth industry.
Telehealth Overview and Applications
– Define Telehealth, Telemedicine and the benefits associated with each.
– Define the Presenting/Patient Site and Provider Site.
– Describe the two Clinical Telemedicine Applications.
Technology Used & Live Interactive Visit
– Identify the technology equipment required and connectivity requirements for Telehealth Services.
– Describe the privacy standards brought about by the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)and its relevance to telemedicine.
– Recite the steps for a Live Telemedicine Video Encounter / Consultation.
– Recite the steps for a Store and Forward Telemedicine Consultation.
Telehealth, Nonclinical Applications and Building Awareness and Support for the Telehealth Program
– Describe nonclinical applications of telehealth.
– List the key steps for marketing telehealth.
– Identify the different groups/organizations to target for telehealth marketing.
– Demonstrate strategies to highlight the benefits that Telehealth brings to the different targeted audiences.
Recognizing Barriers to Telehealth, Overcoming Challenges and Attributes of Successful Telehealth Programs
– Describe barriers to telehealth implementation & sustainability.
– Apply strategies for overcoming increased adoption of telemedicine.
– Describe the importance of a telehealth champion.
– Describe the necessity to take measures to maintain telemedicine skills.
– Identify specific attributes of successful telehealth and telemedicine programs.
– Observe the importance of good record keeping.
Remote Patient Monitoring
– Define Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM).
– Outline the benefits associated with RPM.
– Describe RPM with Chronic Disease Managment, Post-Acute Care Management, Patient Safety in the residential setting, and Medication Compliance.
– Describe the basic technology/equipment used for RPM.
– Describe barriers associated with RPM.
Mobile Technologies and Cloud Computing
– Describe a variety of mobile devices used to deliver healthcare services and the methodologies associated with clinical consultations.
– Describe mobile device security best practices.
– Discuss how to clean a mobile device.
– Describe “the cloud” and how it applies to telehealth services.
Learning Outcomes Standard: Based upon the Certified Telehealth Liaison National Standard.
Learning Outcomes Conditions:
Complete self-paced certification in its entirety.
Complete certification within 30 days.
Pass all quizzes and final with 80% or better.
You will receive a completion certificate with 0.2 CEU/2 credit hours for this course when all Learning Outcomes Conditions have been met.
Approximate Learning Time: 2 – 4 hours
This certification course is online and will take 2-4 hours. You will have 30 days to complete this certification.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this course, please contact Rena Brewer at email@example.com.